January 10, 2012

Freedom of Student Neutrality

Yeah, I just feel I wanted to write more about the recent peak of student demonstrations. I think this is a bit more personal.

Now, I'm not really a political nerd. I just read the news, hit the books, eat Takotao, and go on dates. I'm just a passionate, but passive law student who takes interest particularly on rights, freedom, and sate kambing. I'm still learning. I like soaking up information in a level annoying to most. If you think my views are in a low level of thinking or just plain inferior, I don't blame you. You have that right ti disagree. the x button is on the tab.

Look, you may fight for your views, that's the basis of freedom of speech and association. I have utmost repect to everyone who does stand up and speak their minds, in a manner not prejudicial to anyone's rights. Try not to pecahkan kaca-kaca klinik mahupun kaca-kaca mata. Takda nak bayar..

But please, activists, if you really are fighting for more freedom for university students, then hear me out. Please respect some of us with a view of neutrality. Some of us just refuse to be involved. Do not ever judge us or our stance. Neutrality is a political stance of its own. Some of us would just like to take in all the information we can and not be associated with any stance. This is freedom of speech and association, we let you speak up and you let us be content with our neutrality. Do not insult this stance.

I am not talking about moral neutrality, not procedures or opinions. Of course we have to speak up on things that are wrong, I concur. However, a lot of what is fought for is quite political, such as repeal of laws and opinions regarding the law. Some of us do agree with the law, some of us don't. You cannot say that your opinions are facts. Let us stand with a neutral view. Some of us genuinely have nothing to complain about :p

Lastly, it irks me out when some of you claim that you are the voice of majority. That's such an easy claim to make, isn't it? You do not represent everyone. You represent the associations you are attached to, nothing more. If you had active collection of voices to say that you are, such as a national council of students, then you may claim such a representation. For now, just spell out who you fight with and for. Lets be realistic here.

So, yes, I think this is all that I have to say for now. I bid good wishes to everyone, be it associated or neutral. I hope everyone is doing safe. Keep fighting for what you believe in.. Just don't shove it in people's throat and expect us to swallow.

Thank you.
Now who wants to join me for some sup perut?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks weyh bagi comment.